.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Passionate About Life | CoverPage

Friday, April 28, 2006

Abode | Vote Me

Singapore's General Election 2006Going to the polling station on Saturday, 6 May 2006. Singapore's General Election 2006. The people decide the future of this island.

Tampines GRC is one area being contested and my wife and I are casting our votes that day. We received our polling card in the mail box yesterday. Polling station at Poi Ching School, just beside our home, like the previous GE before.

Should be very concern with the future of the nation, but honestly, not really. Does not sound patriotic, but I am, trust me. Maybe because I feel it in my gut which party will actually win. Nonetheless, there is that underdog chance or hope going on, every election exercise.

It seems to me, the campaigning is more interesting than the outcome. An irresponsible mentality, I know, but I just cannot help it. Click photo for more.

3 Comments:

  • It's really very difficult to choose who to vote. We may have our own candidates but do we really know him/her? Is he really true to his/her promises? Almost all candidates seem to promise the whole world but when they win and become what they become because of us, they forget their promises and proceed with their own self interests which they have long planned before being elected.
    Good Luck! Vote wisely I would say.

    By Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD, at Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:45:00 am  

  • Imran,
    I chose one of your posts to be April's Perfect Post.

    Please email me at
    Carol_ffmb@yahoo.com
    and I will send you the Perfect Post banner.
    (See my Sideblog for more information on the Perfect Post)

    By Blogger Carol, at Monday, May 01, 2006 12:23:00 pm  

  • Hello All,

    Thanks for coming in and leaving me messages.

    Friday's Child | I totally agree with you. It is indeed really difficult to choose whom I should vote for, for I have no idea of their integrity. It is a risk that you are forced to take even if you don't know well either of them.

    Nonetheless, I will not waste my right to vote. Thanks for the advise.

    Carol | What a wonderful surprise for me that you picked my post as one of April's Perfect Post. Thank you. It is only sad that the true story is of an unfortunate one.

    Ellen | Thanks. It is indeed terrific to get picked. Thanks to Carol from A Revision.

    I never thought with my level of grammar and mediocre-style of writing, good writers like Carol picked mine for this award.

    I wrote it out of empathy I felt the whole day of this man's sad misfortune.

    Thanks again all. Have a fruitful week ahead.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home